Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bolt Fastest Time in Zagreb


World record holder Usain Bolt ran his fastest 100m of the season to win in 9.85 seconds in Zagreb.

Bolt beat Kim Collins in the IAAF World Challenge event as he raced over the distance for the first time since being disqualified from last month's World Championship final.

Collins kept with the Olympic champion until the last 10 metres at the Mladost track and field sports complex.

Trinidad and Tobago's Richard Thompson finished third.

Bolt won the 200m gold in Daegu as well as anchoring the Jamaica team to victory in the 4x100m relay.

His run in the Croatian capital is the joint fifth-best time of the season, with compatriot Asafa Powell clocking the best time of 9.78 in Lausanne in June.

Bolt said: "Personally, I felt I could have done a little bit better because it was a really poor start and I kind of lost concentration after the start.

"I was expecting a better start and I think I could have done better, especially with the weather like this because the conditions were good."