Thursday 26 May 2011

Hiddink Retains Focus on Turkey Job


Although Guus Hiddink has admitted he misses the day-to-day nature of club management, he is refusing to be drawn on talk linking him with a return to Chelsea football club.

Veteran coach Hiddink, who had a successful five-month stint in charge of the Blues two years ago, has been acting as an advisor to owner and friend Roman Abramovich ever since, while also coaching the Turkish national side.

"I have in my career very few games. I want to do more with the players on a daily basis but that is impossible because I am national team manager," 

"But I am not going into the speculation as I have to prepare the team and to make sure that no one can blame me afterwards saying I was concentrating on other things.

"I am not going into speculation, I am fully concentrated. I demand full commitment from myself so I will not go into speculation.

"I am being forced by circumstances to go into a tunnel and exclude a little bit the outside world.

"I have heard a lot of rumours and speculation.

"I have told the players they must focus on Belgium and the same goes for me. I am fully focused on getting the team ready for next Friday."

Belgium play Turkey on June 3rd in a EURO 2012 qualifier at the Roi Baudouin stadium in Brussels.



No comments: