Tuesday 10 May 2011

Doyle looking to Keep Wolves from Door

Kevin Doyle 

Kevin Doyle has given Wolves a boost in the buildup their remaining two games of the season by revealing he is on schedule to make his comeback against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday afternoon.

The forward has been out of action for six weeks with a medial knee ligament injury but he told the club's website he is ready to return to the squad to help the battle against relegation.

"I'm on track. I haven't trained with the lads yet but I have been working outside with the physios running and doing a bit of shooting and was on the pitch at Molineux before yesterday's game," he said. "I'm hoping to join in again with the lads over the next few days."

The Republic of Ireland centre-forward has scored five goals in his 25 league appearances this season and set up four more and may return at a vital time, with the club a point clear of the relegation places.

"Hopefully I won't have any reaction this week and if it goes all right I should be available," he said. "I feel I'm naturally fit enough and would be ready if needed but the pressure won't be on this week after such a fantastic performance from the lads yesterday.

"If I can get through a few days' training then hopefully I've got a chance of being on the bench."


No comments: