Joachim Löw has confirmed Max Kruse has been dropped from the squad to face England and Italy after behaving “unprofessionally”.
Kruse is reported to have grabbed a mobile phone from a woman who was taking pictures of him in a night club in Berlin, where he was celebrating his 28th birthday.
The Wolfsburg forward apologised for his actions but after being given a warning by his club over his future conduct, Low has now told him not to show up for international duty.
“I made it clear to Max Kruse last week what I expect from him, both on and off the field,” said Löw on the German Football Association’s website.
I want players who focus on football and the European Championship, even between matches.
“Last weekend’s incident goes against my expectations. Max has once again behaved unprofessionally and I don’t accept that.
“Euro 2016 is on the horizon and we have big goals as a team there. We need players who are focused and aware of their status as a role model.”
The Germany squad is due to congregate in Berlin on Tuesday with 26 players rather than the originally summoned 27 expected.