Saturday 26 May 2012

Jockey Lynch Suffers Broken Leg


Leading Irish National Hunt jockey Andrew Lynch is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after breaking his leg at Cork on Friday evening.

Lynch was riding the ill-fated Flamingo Domingo in the Friday July 13th BBQ Maiden Hurdle for Flemenstar's trainer Peter Casey when he took a crashing fall at the second flight of hurdles.

That the break comes at a quiet time of the year is the only saving grace for Lynch who had big race wins on Sizing Europe, Rubi Light, Hisaabaat, Cash And Go, Voler La Vedette and Flemenstar last season.

"I've broken my femur, I suppose it could be worse but I don't feel great. Thankfully the better horses have been put away for a while."

Lynch's agent Frosty Kelly added: "I'm just on my way to see him but it's a broken leg. He's in good spirits and is comfortable but he could be a lot worse off because it was a hell of a fall."


No comments: