Tuesday 9 February 2016

Manning Makes No Future Plans...Yet


Peyton Manning has the perfect opportunity to go out on a high after winning his second Super Bowl but he said on Sunday he will take his time before deciding whether to retire.

“I got some good advice from Tony Dungy, who’s going into the Hall of Fame and is my old coach. He said don’t make an emotional decision,” Manning told CBS after the Denver Broncos had beaten the Carolina Panthers to win Super Bowl 50.

“This has been an emotional week, an emotional night, and I’ve got a couple of priorities. I want to go kiss my wife, kiss my kids, I want to go celebrate with my family and team-mates, and I’m going to drink a lot of beer ... [Super Bowl MVP] Von Miller is buying. Those are my priorities at this point. I’ll take some time to reflect. And I’m going to say a prayer and a thank you to the man upstairs for this opportunity as well.”

Manning has been a shadow of his former self this season, and the Broncos’ championship was down to the team’s defense rather than any offensive brilliance from their veteran quarterback. He also has nothing left to prove on the field, and would end his career as the all-time leader for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

One person who is certain Manning should quit is his mother, Olivia. “I want Peyton to retire,” she said after the game.




No comments: