Thursday 10 December 2015

McIlroy Undergoes Laser Surgery


Rory McIlroy, who last month declared his ambition to make the “next 10, 15 years my time”, has undergone laser eye surgery to sharpen his vision.

The 26-year-old, who has relied on contact lenses throughout his career so far, shared a photo of himself online wearing protective goggles following the surgery, writing: “Human version of the dreaded K-9 cone … Only for sleeping though! Laser eye surgery went well yesterday.”

After winning his third Race to Dubai crown in four years in November, the Northern Irishman set out his ambitions, saying: “This is my time to capitalise on my career. The next 10, 15 years is my time.

“I really can’t be doing silly things like playing football in the middle of the season to jeopardise even six months of my career. It’s a big chunk where I could make some hay and win a major or two. I won’t be making those mistakes again.

“I want to try and get healthy and get stronger again, get my body back … I am really going to concentrate on that.”


No comments: