Sunday 20 December 2015

Cavaliers Kyrie Irving Returns


Cavaliers All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving will make his season debut on Sunday against Philadelphia, his first game since breaking his left kneecap in the NBA Finals.

Irving posted “I’m back” on his Twitter account Saturday and later said following the team’s practice that he’s excited to play. Irving hasn’t been on the floor since getting hurt in Game 1 of the Finals against Golden State.

“I’m pretty F’ing excited,” Irving said Saturday. “There were a few things I had to clear, but there was no rush on it. ... I’ve been ready to play, but biomechanically we just wanted to make sure everything was good so I wouldn’t put myself at risk.”

The 23-year-old has gone through extensive rehab over the past six months. He said he wouldn’t wish his injury on anyone.

The Cavs and Irving have exercised patience during his long recovery. He had been expected to make his return earlier this week, but Irving said there were still some medical hurdles to overcome.

Irving said his minutes will be restricted and he’ll ease his way back before his playing time increases in the coming weeks.

“The emotions and thoughts, that’s hardest thing,” Irving said. “A lot has changed on the basketball court and in my life.”


No comments: