|Chris Eubank Jr v Nick Blackwell|
Nick Blackwell has woken from his induced coma, following his fight with Chris Eubank Jr last week.
The 25-year-old was taken to hospital after the British middleweight title contest was stopped in round 10.
Blackwell woke from the induced coma on Saturday, and by Sunday was talking to family and friends at his bedside, said promoter Hennessey Sports.
Blackwell had suffered a bleed on the skull and not the brain as initially reported, the statement added.
Hennessey Sports said the boxer had won his "toughest fight yet".
It added: "Nick Blackwell won the hearts of over three million television viewers on 26 March with an astonishing display of all-action bravery and determination.
"In the past week, however, he has humbled millions more. He's a fighter. He's a warrior. He's a true champion and gentleman.
"On behalf of Nick, his family, and very close friends, we'd like to thank everyone for their continued support and well-wishes. It has been overwhelming at times and has certainly not gone unnoticed."
Referee Victor Loughlin stopped the fight in round 10 on the advice of the ringside doctor, who said Blackwell was unable to continue because of swelling over his left eye.
It meant Eubank Jr, 26, took the British middleweight title.
After the fight, Blackwell received medical attention in the ring before being taken away while receiving oxygen.
The British Boxing Board of Control said it was satisfied with the way the fight was handled, and respected trainer Adam Booth told BBC Radio 5 live Loughlin had "acted immaculately".
Former world champion Barry McGuigan, now a promoter, said it was an "isolated incident" and "nobody was to blame".