Thursday 14 January 2016

Rocket Reaches Masters Semifinal


Ronnie O'Sullivan reached the semi-finals of the Masters with an impressive 6-3 victory over three-time winner and world number one Mark Selby.

The five-time Masters champion knocked in one century and six-half centuries, including a match-winning 73 in frame nine, after Selby had a break of 70.

"You're not going to win this tournament by playing negative," O'Sullivan, 40, told BBC Sport.

He will face either John Higgins or Stuart Bingham in the last four.

BBC snooker analyst Steve Davis called O'Sullivan's clearance to win the match "one of the greatest of all time".

However, five-time world champion O'Sullivan, who is playing his first major tournament since taking a break from the sport last April, insisted he is not on top of his game.

He said: "It was a chance but I'm trying to kid myself I'm confident.

"I felt a bit more relaxed and comfortable. My attitude was fantastic. But I'm struggling with my technique and it's just the occasion and the competitive instinct within me that's making me try and find something.

"I'm not cruising where you flick through the gears."


No comments: