Tuesday 12 January 2016

Roberto Carlos Real Backroom Option


Roberto Carlos has said he is in talks to join Zinedine Zidane’s backroom staff at Real Madrid and hinted he may be able to persuade Neymar to join him.

Carlos, who is the player-manager of the Indian club Delhi Dynamos, made more than 500 appearances for Real between 1996 and 2007.

“I had a meeting with Real Madrid about my future with the club,” he said. “Soon I will know how I can collaborate with Zidane’s Madrid.”

The 42-year-old former Brazil full-back also praised the Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, for turning to Zidane after the departure of Rafael Benítez.

“Zidane is a leader in the dressing room. His personality is going to make him very successful. A coach has to befriend his players and Benítez struggled to form a bond with them.”

But after Neymar finished third in the Ballon d’Or voting on Monday, Roberto Carlos made the bold suggestion the Brazil forward’s next move could be to leave the Camp Nou for their bitter rivals

“I can take him to Real Madrid. He’s very young. I am sure next year he will finish even higher in the Ballon d’Or,” he said


No comments: