Tuesday 12 January 2016

Pep Apologises for Confusion

Getty Images
Pep Guardiola has apologised if his public statements that he would like to move to the Premier League next season have put pressure on any managers in England’s top flight.

The Bayern Munich manager announced he would be leaving the German club at the end of the season in December and confirmed that, for his next job, he would like to manage a club in England. This has led to speculation that Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are interested in the Spanish coach. 

The two Manchester clubs have permanent managers in situ, leading some to suggest it would have been better if Guardiola had kept his plans to himself.

Speaking in Doha, where Bayern are on a training camp, Guardiola took the chance to apologise.

“I am sorry,” he said. “Normally, in my career as a trainer, as a player, I respect a lot my colleagues, so I am sorry. It wasn’t my intention.”

Guardiola was then pressed on which club he would like to end up at next season, but he refused to be drawn, telling reporters his only focus for the remainder of this season was on Bayern’s chase for domestic and European honours.


No comments: