Tuesday 11 August 2015

Happy But Not Decided - Odegaard


Martin Odegaard says he will assess his Real Madrid future at the end of pre-season, but insists he is happy at the club.

The 16-year-old moved to the Bernabeu in a high-profile transfer from Stromsgodset in January, and has made one appearance for the seniors while playing most of his football for Zinedine Zidane's Castilla side.

There had been suggestions in the Spanish press that Madrid would let him leave on loan this summer to allow him to continue his development at another top-flight club, but the Norwegian midfielder insists he is settled, bar a gripe about the state of the playing surfaces.

When asked about his future on Sunday, Odegaard said: "We'll look at it when the pre-season is over. I'm happy at Real Madrid.

"I think I can show even more than what I have done so far. I've learnt a lot both in training and in matches. 

"I've been training well and I feel good. I have no specific targets for the season; all I want is to improve my game.

"I'm 16, I'm handling things as best I can and I have a long road ahead of me. I'm in no hurry and there's no reason for me to get stressed.

"Segunda B is a difficult division because there are lots of tough opponents and the pitches are often very bad."


No comments: