Saturday 11 August 2012

No Time for Kean to be Shebby at Blackburn


Blackburn's global adviser Shebby Singh says manager Steve Kean will be sacked if Rovers lose their first three games of the season.

Singh was asked at a supporters' forum if Kean will leave if they lose three times in a row, and said: "Yes."

He had earlier been asked about the possibility of Kean being sacked, replying: "If we lose three games, definitely. Definitely."

But Singh added he will not rush to make a judgement about Kean.

"For me it's all about results," said Singh, a former Malaysian international player who was brought to Ewood Park by the club's owners Venky's in June.

"If, after three games, we have dropped nine points then we'll only have a 50 per cent chance of getting promoted."

Kean has faced criticism from some Blackburn supporters, who have staged regular protests against him and the club's owners.

Rovers were relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season but Kean kept his job.

He has since signed seven players, including Leon Best for £3m and Danny Murphy on a free transfer.

In May, Singh wrote a column for the New Paper in Singapore in which he wrote that Kean should be sacked, but said he will not judge the manager's performance on what has happened in the past.

"I was possibly one of the worst critics [of Kean] last season," he said. "I'm sure the manager didn't like me much last season but I say it as it is.

"For me, the manager's record starts on the 18th [of August, the first day of the new season] because his appointment was made before my appointment.

"I am working with the infrastructure that is already there and people need to prove to me that they can do their jobs."

Asked if he has the power to sack Kean, Singh said: "Yes indeed. If the results are not forthcoming, I put the pressure on the manager and on the players."


No comments: