Tuesday 21 August 2012

Mourinho Needs to be Really Wanted


Jose Mourinho remains keen on a return to the Premier League, but claims a club will have to show that they 'really want' him if he is to take in a second spell.

The self-styled 'Special One' is currently overseeing events at Spanish giants Real Madrid, a side he guided to Primera Liga glory in 2011/12.

Mourinho is, however, always open to new challenges and refuses to keep the exit door at Santiago Bernabeu locked.

Reports continue to suggest that he will soon be on his way back to England, where he has previously taken in a successful stint with Chelsea.

The Portuguese tactician is the strong favourite to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford,whenever the veteran Scot decides to call it a day.

Mourinho concedes that he could be enticed back to the Premier League, but has made it clear that it would take a special offer to lure him away from Real.

"I will go where people really want me and, when that moment arrives, they show me they really want me," he said.

He added: "I want one day to be back in English football, yes. I always said that.""But I have to repeat always this: I am at Real Madrid. I like very much to be (there)."

That does not extend to taking charge of the England team, however.

Insisting he was enjoying day-to-day management too much at present to entertain an international job, he said: "I will do it with Portugal because I think Portuguese people wouldn't understand if I do it with another country.

"Because of feelings you have with some people, with some other countries, you could do it with your heart too.

"But, I don't imagine myself in the World Cup playing against Portugal."

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: