Wednesday 23 March 2011

Bryan Robson to Join United Asian Tour

Bryan Robson

Manchester United and England legend Bryan Robson will take part in a three-city Asian charity tour despite recent surgery for throat cancer, organisers said on Wednesday. 

United's longest serving captain said he was "extremely lucky" after his successful operation on March 3, and would attend fund-raising dinners in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong next month. 

"The prognosis is good, so I count myself extremely lucky and am even more committed to raising funds to help improve the lives of vulnerable youngsters," Robson said. 

"I have been overwhelmed by the support of United fans and well-wishers, and I hope everyone in Asiajoins me in supporting these events." 

Former United striker Andrew Cole said it was "fantastic" that Robson was joining the tour, which will raise money for the club's charitable foundation and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). 

"It is fantastic news that Bryan will be joining me on the tour. We are both looking forward to seeing all our fans across Asia, and really making a difference to the children there who need help the most," said Cole. 

No comments: