Tuesday 20 November 2012

Snoop Considers Share in Celtic

Getty Images
The hip-hop star, Snoop Lion,  who earlier this year changed his name from Snoop Dogg, told the Daily Record that he is considering making a financial investment in Glasgow Celtic after watching the team beat Barcelona recently in Champions League play.

He said Celtic's victory over Barca showed that the team is "a big deal" and he admires the passion of the club's fans.

"I haven't really thought how much (I would invest). I don't need to run a soccer club but enough of a percentage to get me on the board so I can be heard," he told the newspaper.

When questioned about Snoop Lion's interest ahead of his team's Champions League clash against Benfica in Lisbon, Celtic manager Neil Lennon joked that he would welcome his investment in the club -- if he was invited to one of the music star's parties.

"It would be interesting if he did put money in," Lennon said Monday. "As long as I got invited to one of his parties, it would be OK."

Snoop Lion is a noted soccer fan and is one of the official spokesmen for EA Sports' "FIFA 13" video game.

Snoop Lion said he asked David Beckham about the club and even said he'd try to lure the current Los Angeles Galaxy star to the team if he buys in.

"I asked my man David about Celtic and he was like, 'Yeah, teams don't come much bigger.' I would try and sign him up for a season, but he is pretty happy over here," he told the newspaper.

"L.A. is home for him and his family now -- but I would have to at least make that offer to my boy. We have lunch when we can, so next time, you know, I am going to speak to him about it. Never say never," he told the Record.

Source: ESPN
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: