Sunday 13 October 2013

Il Trap Back Soon


Giovanni Trapattoni has insisted that he did a “good job” and revealed that the country’s football fortunes are being held back by the lack of a domestic league

In an interview with with Tuttosport, Trapattoni said that he was pleased with the job that he did for Ireland.

“I left Ireland without controversy. We had important results together and had some satisfying moments.

"It’s true we were unable to achieve qualification to the World Cup, but at the end of the day we said goodbye like civilised people.

“I got to know an exceptional country, humble and also proud.

"In a nation that doesn’t have its own football league, I think I did a good job."

Trapattoni parted company with the FAI after loses to Sweden and Austria in the World Cup qualification last month. However, the 74-year-old said that he would be returning to club management in the future.

I am in contact with some interesting people, as the football in Australia and Russia has evolved. I am intrigued by Africa, who still have tactical naiveté,” he says.

“You will see me back on the field soon."


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: