Sunday 22 July 2012

Carlos Tevez Joins New Club



Andres Romero attracted plenty of attention on the final day of the Open Championship, but certainly not for his golf.

The Argentine employed Manchester City striker and compatriot Carlos Tevez as his caddie for 18 holes, although the move backfired on Romero as he struggled to an 82.

Huge golf fan Tevez arrived at Royal Lytham on Saturday to watch Romero slump from one under to six over after a 77, and he enjoyed his experience on the bag despite his countryman slipping to last place.

"Yes, I enjoyed the round. The course is beautiful," said Tevez. "The chance to walk along the course and to be around these great players is a pleasure and something unforgettable.

"It was good to enjoy the last day with him. This was the dream of everybody who plays golf. It was my first major!"

"It was difficult to carry the bag because it weighed so much but it was fine. I couldn't give any advice about the slopes but I just carried the bag and supported him each hole. We worked together very well."

Romero added: "He came to my house and he asked me first and we all agreed he would take the bag," said the Argentinian, who gave regular caddie Anibal Nunez the day off.

"We really enjoyed the day but I've not paid Carlos yet - we will see. I was playing really badly so we weren't talking about golf at all."

No comments: