Friday 13 September 2013

Ancelotti Confirms Bale Start

Getty Images
Gareth Bale will make his Real Madrid debut in Saturday's La Liga match at Villarreal, live on Sky Sports, coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed.

The winger played the final half-hour of Wales's 3-0 World Cup qualification defeat at home by Serbia on Tuesday - his first competitive action since July - and trained with his new team-mates for the first time on Wednesday.

"I think everyone knows his pre-season was not normal but his physical condition is not bad," Ancelotti told a news conference in Madrid on Friday.

"I don't know if he will start but he will play some of the match. He is very excited and very motivated."

Speaking at the launch of Real's third kit on Thursday, the 24-year-old Bale insisted he would be ready to answer Ancelotti's call on Saturday night.

"I feel good," he said. "I have been training in the last week with Wales. I have had two good sessions today and I got half-an-hour with Wales on Tuesday.

"Obviously I am a bit behind everyone else physically, but I am hopeful I can catch up as soon as possible.

"I think you will have to wait until the match to see whether I am picked or not. Hopefully I can get my fitness up straight away and hopefully get a place in the team."


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: